Could you go the distance to help create a world where no one develops a preventable cancer?
We know that around 40% of cancer cases are preventable – that’s around 144,000 people every year in the UK.
Help us prevent more cases of cancer by running a marathon for World Cancer Research Fund. The money you raise will go to our scientists researching more ways to prevent cancer and our health information team who help people to reduce their cancer risk.
We'll be there to help you every step of the way, with fundraising tips, an online community of fellow competitors and support on the day.
The London Marathon course is flat and fast. A wonderfully scenic route that starts in Blackheath and ends in front of Buckingham Palace.
- Date: Sunday 26th April 2020
- Entry fee: £38
- Sponsorship target: £2200
- Google Maps: Starting point: Blackheath and Greenwich Park
Registration for 2019 is now closed. If you're interested in running at an event for us you can still register your interest for events in 2020!
Starting and finishing in the renowned Olympic Stadium where the Olympic flame was lit for the first time back in 1928.
- Date: TBC 2020
- Entry fee: £30
- Minimum sponsorship: £500
- Google Maps: Starting point: Olympic Stadium, Stadionweg
Own place runners
If you've secured your own place you can still join our team and receive all the support you need to help get you to the finish line.
When you join #TeamCanPrevent
You will receive:
- A welcome pack full of fundraising ideas, information on our work and sponsorship forms
- A branded running vest
- Fundraising and training help from our Events manager who has taken part in most of the challenges herself.
- Support throughout your fundraising journey
- Post-event certificate and thank you card