- 80g 70% dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 vanilla pod or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 level tablespoon caster sugar
- 50g fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 200g raspberries, to serve
- 15 minutes plus 2 hours chilling
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Melt the chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Slice lengthways down the middle of the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and stir into the chocolate (or add the vanilla extract).
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites using an electric hand whisk until they form soft peaks. Add the sugar and continue whisking until stiff peaks form and the mixture is glossy.
- Beat the yoghurt into the cooled chocolate until combined.
- Using a big metal spoon, fold a spoonful of egg white mixture into the chocolate to loosen the mixture. Gently fold in the rest of the egg white until the mix is combined with no visible white blobs – you want to retain as much air in the mixture as possible so try to avoid over mixing.
- Spoon the mixture into four glasses or little coffee cups and chill for 2 hours.
- Top with fresh raspberries to serve.
Serve with fruit salad for more of your 5 A DAY – try strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries