- 1 small gem lettuce
- 8 tablespoons cold pre-cooked brown rice (60g uncooked weight)
- 150g cold cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 5cm piece of cucumber, diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 1 ring pineapple canned in natural juice, drained and cut into small pieces
- ½ red apple, diced (use lemon juice to prevent it turning brown)
- 4 dried apricots, finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon sultanas
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- For the vinaigrette:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 10 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on serving plates to look like petals.
- Place the rice and chicken in a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir gently together.
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing the ingredients together. Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss lightly. Spoon the salad on to the prepared serving plates on top of the lettuce leaves.
This colourful salad is a great way to add lots of vegetables and fruits to a healthy balanced diet