- 300g sweet potatoes, coarsely grated
- 3 medium eggs
- Small handful chives, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- In a small bowl, mix together the sweet potato, 1 egg, most of the chives and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Divide the sweet potato mixture into four equal portions and spoon into the pan, flattening gently to make thin patties. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to simmer and add the vinegar. Break each remaining egg into a separate ramekin or small bowl. Make a whirlpool in the simmering water with a whisk and gently pour 1 egg into the whirlpool. Working quickly, add the other egg while the water is still swirling. Reduce the heat and cook for 3–4 minutes before gently lifting the eggs out of the pan with a slotted spoon and resting on a piece of kitchen roll.
- Serve 2 sweet potato patties with a poached egg and half of the avocado. Garnish with remaining chives.
Add steamed spinach for another portion of your 5 A DAY