This versatile recipe makes a great weekday meal as you can let the oven do the work and put everything in one dish to make less washing up. Roasting the fish with lemon and herbs creates some lovely flavours, but, if that’s not enough, why not experiment by adding different herbs and vegetables?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1–2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 green or yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 skinless white fish fillets (eg cod, about 140g each)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- 60 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C.
- Warm the oil in a roasting tin in the oven. Add the potatoes, onion, garlic and oregano to the roasting tin and gently toss to coat with oil. Roast for 30 minutes, turning about halfway through the cooking time.
- Add the tomatoes and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, then top with the fish fillets and season with black pepper. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with a wedge of lemon.
Top tip: leave the skin on the potatoes to give them a crispy finish and boost your fibre intake