- 3 eating apples, such as Braeburns
- 40g sultanas
- 20g dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 orange, zest only
- ½ teaspoon golden syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 15g flaked almonds
- 35 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC.
- Halve the apples and scoop out the core, plus a little of the apple flesh to create space for the filling. Lay the apple halves on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the sultanas, cranberries, carrot, orange zest, golden syrup and spices, and set aside.
- Remove the apples and scoop a tablespoon of the fruit mixture into each apple half. Sprinkle the flaked almonds over the apple halves and return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the apple is soft. Serve immediately on their own or with low-fat natural yoghurt.
Raisins, prunes and dried apricots also work well in this dessert.
Raring to try one of our recipes? We’d love to see a photo of what you cook, or get your feedback! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why not use Amazon Smile for your shopping this Christmas and raise cash to help prevent cancer?