- For the salad:
- 200g new potatoes
- 50g green beans, trimmed
- 85g mixed salad leaves
- 1 x 200g can chickpeas, drained
- Small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 black olives, halved and pitted
- 20g parmesan shavings
- For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Simmer the new potatoes for 5 minutes, then add the green beans and simmer for a further 4 minutes until just tender. Remove from the water and chill in cold water to stop them cooking further and getting too soft, then drain well and put to one side.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by blending the vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, shallot and Dijon mustard together in a small mixing bowl. Season with black pepper.
- Toss the salad leaves in the dressing, leaving a teaspoon of dressing to one side, and then split between two plates. Mound the chickpeas on top of the leaves.
- In a frying pan, sauté the red onion and garlic and lightly cook the tomatoes. Then add the remaining dressing and remove the mixture from the heat. Place the vegetables on the salad leaves on the plate.
- Halve the potatoes and arrange them on the plate with the green beans. Add the olives on top, sprinkle with the parmesan shavings and serve immediately.
For a change, you could substitute the chickpeas for canned tuna