- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small leek, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 small courgette, sliced
- 6 medium-sized new potatoes, quartered
- 1 x 198g can salt-free sweetcorn, drained
- 500ml skimmed milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200g haddock (or other white fish), skinless, cut into bite-size pieces
- 400g beans, such as haricot, flageolet, cannellini, or butter beans, drained and rinsed
- Small handful parsley, chopped
- ½ lemon, cut into wedges
- 40 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C.
- Warm the oil in a non-stick pan and gently fry the leek and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the courgette and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, sweetcorn, milk, salt, bay leaf, cayenne pepper and black pepper; and bring to the boil. Carefully pour into an ovenproof dish, cover and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Gently stir in the fish and beans; cover and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked and the vegetables are tender.
- Gently stir in the parsley. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with a lemon wedge.
You could use frozen fish or fish pie mix in this recipe. If cooking from frozen, increase the cooking time by 10–15 minutes.