- 300g butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, peeled and cut into small wedges
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ orange, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 20g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 200g wholewheat giant couscous
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 45 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC.
- Put the butternut squash, carrots, onion, cumin, coriander, orange juice, zest and oil in a large roasting tin and mix thoroughly. Roast for 25 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Place the chicken and apricots on top of the vegetables and roast for a further 15–20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the couscous and cook for 8–10 minutes or until softened.
- Divide the couscous among four plates and top with the chicken and vegetables. Season with pepper and serve.
For a vegetarian version, swap the chicken for a 400g can of chickpeas