- 1 bulb of garlic
- Medium head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 150ml skimmed milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 35 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC.
- Roast the whole garlic for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the cauliflower florets. Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft and tender. Drain off any excess water.
- Using a food processor, blend the cauliflower with the milk until combined.
- Slice off the top of the garlic and squeeze the pulp into the food processor. Blend with the cauliflower mixture until smooth. Stir through some freshly ground black pepper and thyme. Serve in a warm bowl, garnished with a few extra thyme leaves.
Raring to try one of our recipes? We’d love to see a photo of what you cook, or get your feedback! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top tip: drain the cauliflower thoroughly before transferring to the food processor to ensure a nice, thick mash