- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 90 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Cook the onion in a large saucepan for 5 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the red cabbage and cider vinegar. Bring to the boil then simmer with the lid on for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped pears and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage has softened and pears have completely broken down – about 45 minutes.
If you’re making this in advance, reheat with a little water just before serving. We’d love to see a photo of what you cook, or get your feedback! Email us on email@example.com.
You can also make this recipe in a slow cooker. Add all the ingredients, stir and cover. Cook for around 6 hours on low.