- 4 peach halves (canned in natural juice, or 2 fresh peaches if available)
- 50g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 amaretti biscuits, lightly crushed
- 1 lemon, zest (finely grated) and juice
- 30 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Fan 160ºC. Line an ovenproof dish with greaseproof paper.
- Place the peach halves, stone-cavity side up, on the baking parchment. If using fresh peaches, remove skin (by placing in large bowl and pouring boiling water over them, leave to stand for 2–3 minutes, and then the skin should peel away easily), halve and remove stone, and place on the parchment as for canned peaches.
- Spoon the ricotta cheese into a bowl and blend with a wooden spoon to a smooth consistency. Add the crushed amoretti biscuits, lemon zest and juice. Blend together well.
- Spoon an equal amount of filling mixture into each peach half and bake for 20 minutes.
You can use one crushed ginger or digestive biscuit for an alternative to the almond flavour of the amoretti biscuits. You can also use other fruit, like pears or apricots. Just scoop out the centre to hold the filling