I started drinking tomato juice when I realised how low in sugar it is compared to other fruit juices. And Bloody Mary is the perfect accompaniment to a weekend brunch – especially with poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce. This version packs a flavour punch, without the booze, and counts as one of your 5 A DAY.
- Ice cubes
- 300ml tomato juice
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 4–6 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick celery, halved
- 5 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- For each serving, add 3 or 4 ice cubes to a high-ball glass.
- Pour half the tomato juice over the ice in each glass.
- Add half the lemon juice and Tabasco sauce to each glass.
- Season with pepper and stir with half a stick of celery before serving.