This dessert is high in calories and protein, making it suitable for people who have lost weight or are struggling to maintain their weight, which are common cancer side-effects. See all our recipes for people living with cancer.
This recipe has been designed by Sharon Hui. It is taken from Eat Well During Cancer, our booklet helping you to cope with the side-effects of cancer.
- 4 amaretti biscuits
- 30g chopped peanuts
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons (8g) skimmed milk powder
- 180g fruit, peeled if necessary and chopped into small pieces
- 10 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Place the amaretti biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush with a wooden spoon or rolling pin.
- Blend the Greek yoghurt and skimmed milk powder in a small bowl.
- Stir in the crushed amaretti biscuits and chopped peanuts.
- In two tall glasses, add some of the chopped fruit, spoon over the yoghurt mixture, then add some more fruit and repeat, finishing with the yoghurt mixture.
- Chill and serve, decorated with a sprig of mint or a slice of fruit.
Be adventurous with different fruits, using varieties in season for maximum flavour. Even tinned fruit (in juice, drain first) works well!