This dessert is high in calories and protein, making it suitable for people who have lost weight or are struggling to maintain their weight, which are common cancer side-effects.
This recipe has been designed by Sharon Hui. It is taken from Eat Well During Cancer, our booklet helping you to cope with the side-effects of cancer.
- 4 amaretti biscuits
- 30g chopped peanuts
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons (8g) skimmed milk powder
- 180g fruit, peeled if necessary and chopped into small pieces
- 10 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Place the amaretti biscuits in a plastic food bag and crush with a wooden spoon or rolling pin.
- Blend the Greek yoghurt and skimmed milk powder in a small bowl.
- Stir in the crushed amaretti biscuits and chopped peanuts.
- In two tall glasses, add some of the chopped fruit, spoon over the yoghurt mixture, then add some more fruit and repeat, finishing with the yoghurt mixture.
- Chill and serve, decorated with a sprig of mint or a slice of fruit.
Be adventurous with different fruits, using varieties in season for maximum flavour. Even tinned fruit (in juice, drain first) works well!