When you think of sundaes, you might usually think of an ice cream dessert. This yoghurt sundae has all the natural sweetness of fruit and packs in two of your 5 A DAY!
This recipe is from our Eat Move Learn programme helping kids to eat healthily and stay active. You can see all of our recipes suitable for young cooks here.
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 kiwi, flesh scooped out and cut into chunks
- 1 banana, chopped into slices
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into chunks
- 160g strawberries, halved
- 1 nectarine, chopped
- 80g blueberries
- 4 tablespoons low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 mint sprig, leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut (optional)
- 2 teaspoons mixed nuts (optional)
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Wash your fruit and prepare it on a chopping board.
- Put all the fruit in a bowl and mix it up. Add nuts and coconut here if using.
- Spoon the fruit into your sundae glasses or your bowls.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of yoghurt on top of the fruit in each glass.
- Add two mint leaves to each glass and serve! If you have any, add some decorations like shiny paper windmills or umbrellas.
If you like things a little sour, sprinkle some lemon zest on top of your sundae for a sweet and sour dessert!