- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 100g chopped kale
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500ml reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 125g pork fillet, trimmed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Large handful curly parsley, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan over a low heat. Cook the onion and celery for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the paprika and cook for 1 minute
- Add the kale, tomatoes and stock.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat the remaining oil. Cook the pork for 5 minutes or until golden and just cooked through.
- Stir the pork and parsley into the soup, season with pepper and serve immediately.
You can also make this recipe in a slow cooker. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the pork. Transfer the pork and the remaining ingredients – excluding the stock and the parsley - into the slow cooker. Crumble over the stock cube and add 200ml of water, then stir and cover. Cook for around 6 hours on low. To thicken, add a tablespoon of cornflour dissolved in a small amount of cold water 30–60 minutes before the end of cooking. Add the parsley before serving.