- 500g turkey mince (2% fat)
- 2 medium-sized courgettes, coarsely grated
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 garlic clove, finely diced
- Handful of fresh mint, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 45 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Put the grated courgette into a sieve and push down, getting rid of any excess water.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Using wet hands to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands, divide the turkey mixture into six even balls and shape into burgers. Alternatively, you can make long koftas or meatballs, but patties will hold together better on a BBQ. Set aside in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- If using a BBQ, prepare your BBQ. If using a grill, turn on the grill to a high setting and prepare a baking tray to put under the grill.
- Once ready, cook the turkey burgers on the BBQ or under the grill for around 15 minutes, or until cooked through but not burnt, turning over once. Serve immediately.
Serve the burgers in a wholemeal bun with yoghurt mixed with chopped mint