This was the first recipe I tested from my latest book, A Year of Beautiful Eating. The asparagus soaks up all the beautiful flavours of this dish, teamed perfectly with the melt-in-your-mouth cod. This tray-bake dinner is super-healthy and it'll be on the table in no time.
- 1½ teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 x 150g cod fillets
- 200ml fish or chicken stock
- 100g pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil or melted butter
- 1 lemon
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Mix the smoked paprika, garlic and pepper together and rub the mixture into the cod.
- Then pour the stock into a large roasting tray and scatter in the olives, capers and asparagus.
- Nestle the cod fillets amongst the veggies and pour the avocado oil over the fish.
- Thinly slice the lemon into 1cm slivers and place around the cod fillets.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, until the asparagus and cod are cooked through.
- Serve hot.
There's nothing better than cooking with fresh and seasonal produce. A Year of Beautiful Eating is full of quick and nutritious recipes to fuel your body in the best way possible, all year round.