- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 10 drops Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle of dried mixed herbs
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, washed and shredded
- 10 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- In a thick-bottomed pan, gently heat the oil and lightly sauté the onion to release the flavour.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir over a gentle heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with Worcestershire sauce (to taste), black pepper, dried herbs and half the shredded basil.
- Serve in a mug or a bowl, topped with the remainder of the shredded basil.
Although the tomatoes in this recipe count as 2 of your 5 A DAY, eating a variety of fruit & veg is important