- 800ml reduced-salt vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 200ml skimmed milk
- 2 x 198g cans reduced-salt sweetcorn, drained
- 1 medium potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A dash of Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the stock and milk together in a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the sweetcorn and potato, simmer for 15 minutes or until the potato is soft. Remove from heat.
- In a blender, add most of the spring onion and avocado. Pour in the mixture and blend until smooth. Season with black pepper and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Divide between four bowls and garnish with the remaining spring onion and avocado.
If you like a soup with a kick, add fresh chilli with the spring onion and avocado, and garnish with extra chilli