- 450g sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- In a large bowl, mix sweet potatoes, onion, carrots, lemon juice, cornflour and eggs. Add black pepper to season.
- Warm the oil in a non-stick pan. Spoon a large tablespoon of the sweet potato mixture into the middle of the pan and make a thin pancake about 5cm in diameter. Fit in as many pancakes as possible in the pan (without them touching).
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until cooked throughout and slightly browned.
Serve with fish and vegetables or a mixed side salad