- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 large head broccoli, about 300g, roughly chopped
- 250g frozen peas
- 500ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 100g spinach
- Large handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the leek and potato for 10 minutes or until soft, adding a teaspoon of water if needed. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Meanwhile, simmer the broccoli in a large pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, adding the peas for the final minute. Drain (saving 600ml of the cooking water) and plunge the vegetables into cold water to retain their colour.
- Add the stock and vegetable water to the leek and potato and bring to the boil. Stir in the broccoli and peas, along with the spinach, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Transfer the mixture to a blender, adding the coriander, and blend until smooth (you may need to do this in batches).
- Return to a clean pan to reheat if necessary. Season with pepper and serve.
Plunging green vegetables into ice cold water after cooking helps them retain their vibrant colour