- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 300g potatoes, peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 200ml reduced-salt vegetable stock, or the same quantity of leftover gravy topped up with water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 100g frozen peas
- Small portion of cold roast red meat (60g is plenty), chopped into cubes
- 40 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Heat a heavy-based saucepan, add the oil and onion and brown lightly.
- Add the chunks of potato and diced carrot and brown the mixture a little more.
- Add the stock or gravy to just cover the potatoes. Add a little black pepper, cover with a lightly fitting lid and cook until the potatoes are nearly done.
- Add the frozen peas and chopped meat. Bring back to the boil and simmer for 3–4 minutes until the peas are cooked and the meat is piping hot.
- Serve on a warmed plate with a little extra black pepper to taste.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftovers from a Sunday roast