- 1 x 400g can mixed beans or kidney beans, drained
- 100g sweetcorn, frozen or canned
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium egg, yolk only
- 30g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 wholemeal rolls
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 30 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Tip the beans into a mixing bowl and, using a large fork or hand blender, mash to form a rough paste. Mix in the sweetcorn, coriander, chilli powder and black pepper.
- Add the egg yolk and breadcrumbs, then use your hands to blend the ingredients so that they are mixed evenly. Shape into two burgers.
- Heat a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan. Cook the burgers until they are well griddled and hot all the way through.
- Using a spatula, remove the burgers from the pan and set aside. Split the rolls and griddle them, add the burgers, then add a lettuce leaf and sliced tomato. Serve immediately.
Add slices of avocado, onion or tomato relish for even more flavour