- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- Pinch fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1–2cm root ginger, peeled and finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon mild curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ small savoy cabbage (about 300g), finely shredded
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Warm the oil in a large frying pan, over a high heat. Add the mustard seeds, fennel seeds and chilli flakes; toss and reduce to a medium heat.
- Add the onion and ginger, and stir for 2–3 minutes, until the onion starts to soften. Then stir in the curry powder and turmeric.
- Add the water and cabbage, cover the pan and cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes, until the cabbage has softened but still has a bite.
- Spoon onto plates and serve.
This flavour-filled side is delicious with grilled oily fish, like salmon