- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 160g fresh fruit, chopped (eg apple, pear, berries, grapes)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 60ml water
- 200g cooked Thai fragrant or brown rice (approx. 65g uncooked)
- 250ml skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 30 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Place the banana, fresh fruit, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a saucepan with 60ml water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until quite tender but not mushy.
- Add the cooked rice and skimmed milk, mix thoroughly, bring to the boil and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with raisins and a dusting of cinnamon, and serve warm.
Dried fruit, such as apricots and berries, or tinned fruit (in juice rather than syrup) work well too