- 100g rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons skimmed milk
- 100g wholemeal flour
- ½–1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 25g brown sugar
- 3 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 80g fresh cranberries
- 60 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Fan 160ºC.
- Add the oats and milk to a large mixing bowl and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Sift the flour, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon and the rest of the spices over the soaked oats. Then add the sugar and mix thoroughly to form the crumble.
- In an ovenproof dish, add a layer of apple, using about a third of the slices. Then add about half the cranberries, evenly spread, and sprinkle with half the remaining cinnamon.
- Repeat step 4, and cover with the remaining apple slices.
- Evenly spread the crumble mix over the fruit and place in the oven for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
Serve hot with a spoonful of low-fat custard. For a sweeter flavour, use eating apples like Braeburns or Granny Smiths