- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200g giant couscous
- Pinch of saffron (optional)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 100ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 600ml boiling water
- 100g frozen peas
- 150g cooked king prawns
- 150g cooked mussels
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat. Cook the onion, pepper and tomatoes for 10 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in the couscous, frying for 1 minute before adding the saffron and paprika.
- Add the stock and 500ml boiling water. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5–10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the peas to the pan along with 100ml boiling water and continue stirring until all the water has been absorbed (add a little extra if you need to).
- Mix in the prawns and mussels and heat through, seasoning with black pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
If you don’t like mussels, swap in cod or salmon