- 150g macaroni or other similar pasta
- 1 x 210g tin salmon, drained
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs (or handful of fresh basil)
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 30g low-fat cheddar, grated
- 40 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Fan 170ºC.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the instructions on the packet.
- Add the salmon into a mixing bowl, break up with a fork, checking for and removing any large bones.
- Add the mixed herbs (or shredded basil) to the salmon, then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Drain the pasta and combine with the salmon mixture. Season well with black pepper and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and cheese over the top. Place in the oven to colour the top and heat through for around 15–20 minutes.
- Serve with a side salad or cooked vegetables.
While the tomatoes in this recipe do count as two of your 5 A DAY, consuming a variety of vegetables is important