- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat spread, melted
- 2 medium salmon fillets (around 120g each)
- 10 asparagus spears
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 rounded tablespoon low-fat soft cheese
- 40 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC/Fan 170ºC.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Brush two of the filo pastry sheets with a little of the melted reduced-fat spread. Then add another layer of pastry to each buttered sheet. Brush the second layers with the melted spread. Place the pieces of layered pastry side-by-side on the baking paper.
- Place a salmon fillet in the centre of each of the filo sheets, on the diagonal. Then place 5 asparagus spears on top of each of the fillets, add some black pepper and top with the low-fat soft cheese.
- Fold the sides of the pastry over the fillet to create a ‘wrap’ around the salmon and press the ends together. Brush with the last of the melted spread.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Serve with plenty of vegetables or a side salad.
Top tip: if you make this for a dinner party, stop at the end of step 4, then place the baking tray in the fridge until you’re ready to cook. Doing it like this will mean less time in the kitchen once your guests have arrived!