- 100g roasted red peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 25g tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (to taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Less than 1
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Combine all the ingredients except the black pepper. Process the mixture until smooth.
- Season to taste with pepper and serve with toasted wholemeal pitta wedges and a selection of crudités.
Chickpeas are a great store cupboard standby. They are a great source of vegetarian protein and count as one of your 5 A DAY.