- 4 ramiro peppers
- 300g cherry or baby plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g rocket leaves
- 55g pine nuts, toasted or grilled
- 45 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC.
- Make a slit along the middle of each pepper, taking care to keep the stalk intact, but allowing access to the pepper cavity. Carefully open each pepper slightly and wash out the seeds.
- Toss the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and the garlic. Stuff the tomatoes carefully into the cavity of the peppers. Transfer to a baking tray and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Divide the rocket between four plates and top with the roasted peppers. Sprinkle with pinenuts and eat at once with crusty wholemeal bread.
Peppers are high in vitamin C. They’re also a source of beta-carotene, which your body can convert to vitamin A.