- For the rice pudding:
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 30g pudding rice
- 285ml semi-skimmed milk
- ¼ lemon, zest only, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- For the spicy cinnamon pears:
- 2 firm, ripe pears, cored and quartered
- 80ml 100% pure red grape juice
- 70ml water
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 90 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Lightly grease a small ovenproof dish with the oil.
- Put the rice into the dish, add the lemon peel, stir in the milk and leave to soften for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the grated nutmeg on the top and place in a preheated oven at 150ºC/Fan 130ºC for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, mix the red grape juice, water, cinnamon and cloves in a small pan and add the pears.
- Poach the pears over a gentle heat for about 20 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Serve the poached pears over the cooked, warm rice pudding.
For a summery dessert, serve the rice pudding and pears cold