- 200g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 75g caster sugar
- 75g reduced-fat spread
- 3 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- 160g fresh raspberries
- 45 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C.
- Line a mini muffin baking tray with mini muffin cases.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and sugar) in a bowl.
- Melt the reduced-fat spread in a pan or in the microwave. Allow to cool slightly before mixing with the yoghurt, milk and egg. Then pour into the dry ingredients and combine. Don’t over-mix, or the muffins will be dense.
- Gently stir in the raspberries. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases – you will need a good teaspoonful per case.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until risen and firm to touch.
- Transfer the muffins onto a wire rack to cool.
Take these into the office to give your colleagues a healthy alternative to the normal selection of cakes and biscuits.