- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 2 green peppers, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 200g okra, topped and tailed, and roughly chopped
- 150g wholegrain rice (uncooked weight)
- 800ml vegetable stock, made with 1 reduced-salt stock cube
- 300g cooked king prawns
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Large handful flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 40 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion, celery and peppers for 8 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Add the chilli, garlic, tomatoes, okra and stir before adding the rice and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the rice is cooked and all the stock has been absorbed.
- Add the prawns, black pepper, most of the parsley and heat through.
- Divide among four plates and garnish with the remaining parsley.
The mixture should be thick and the okra will be sticky, but you can add extra water if needed