- 80g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, halved
- 1 egg
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, toasted
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Boil a small pan of water.
- Place the sliced mushrooms and halved tomato under a hot grill for 5 minutes, turning once half way through.
- Crack the egg into boiling water, and simmer for 3–4 minutes – depending on the size of the egg, and how you like your eggs done.
- Place the toast on a warmed plate, spoon over mushrooms and tomato and top with the poached egg. Season with black pepper. Top with a little fresh basil to bring out the taste of the tomato.
Try different types of bread as a base – toasted muffins, crumpets, soda or rye bread, or bagels