- 240g turkey breast, diced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 2cm pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 160g mixed salad leaves
- For the Peri Peri sauce:
- 1–2 red chillies, trimmed (deseeded for a milder taste)
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Place all the Peri Peri ingredients in a food processor and blend into a smooth marinade.
- Put the turkey in a bowl and add the Peri Peri sauce. Using your hands, mix, coating all sides of the turkey in the marinade – be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before and afterwards. Cover and refrigerate for 1–2 hours for a stronger flavour.
- Alternating between turkey, pepper and cherry tomatoes, assemble four kebabs on skewers.
- Turn the grill on to high.
- Transfer the kebabs onto a foil-lined baking tray and cook under the grill 15–20 minutes, turning occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through.
- Serve on a bed of salad leaves.
If you make more than you need, refrigerate the extra kebabs and have cold the next day