- 400g wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 20g black olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- Large handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, most of the olives, and anchovies. Bring to the boil then lower heat and simmer for about 8 minutes to allow the tomatoes to reduce slightly. Stir through most of the basil.
- Drain the pasta and stir into the tomato sauce.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with the remaining basil and olives.
Leave out the anchovies to make this dish vegan