- 1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
- 1 litre of water
- 250g parsnips, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 400g celeriac
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 25g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 45 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC.
- In a large pan, bring the stock and water to the boil. Add the parsnip and celeriac and simmer for 7–8 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. Drain, reserving 150ml of the stock.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion, thyme and mustard for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Stir together the vegetables and onion mixture, and transfer to a 2.5-litre ovenproof dish. Pour the stock over the vegetables and top with grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is golden and the vegetables are piping hot.
Replace the cheese topping with a handful of breadcrumbs to make this dish vegan