- 150g wholemeal self-raising flour
- 20g golden caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 40g reduced-fat spread
- 25g quick-cooking oats
- 50g raisins
- 1 medium egg, lightly whisked
- 4 tablespoons of skimmed milk
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat oven to 220ºC/Fan 200ºC.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Cut the reduced-fat spread into small pieces and add to the dry ingredients; then mix well.
- Add the oats, raisins, egg and most of the milk – leaving a small amount for glazing – and mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 2cm thickness.
- Using a 6cm diameter cutter, cut out 8 scones.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the scones onto the baking paper – evenly spaced – and lightly brush with the remaining milk.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, until golden and crispy.
Instead of clotted cream with jam, serve with slices of strawberry and fat-free Greek yoghurt or reduced-fat creme fraiche