- 250g porridge oats
- 1 large banana, thoroughly mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 medium egg, whisked
- 225ml skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 150g raspberries
- 150g blueberries
- 50 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Fan 160ºC.
- Line an 8-inch square baking tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Blend 100g of the oats in a food processor until they resemble flour.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the banana, vanilla essence, egg, milk and sunflower oil.
- Stir in the remaining oats, blended oats, cinnamon, and baking powder, then fold in the berries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35–40 minutes or until the edges are golden and the mixture is set.
- Leave to cool before slicing into 12 bars.
These bars will keep in the fridge for a week or wrap each bar individually and freeze