- 3 tablespoons fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 200g asparagus, snap off woody bases
- 200g spinach
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 wholemeal breakfast muffins, cut in half
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2–3 sprigs fresh tarragon or dill
- 15 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- In a heat-proof bowl, whisk together the Greek yoghurt, egg yolk and lemon juice. Place the bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- While the sauce thickens, steam the asparagus over a deep saucepan, filled two-thirds with boiling water, for 2–3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for a further minute. Remove the steamer and place on a heat-proof plate to drain. Bring the water in the saucepan to a vigorous simmer, for poaching the eggs.
- Add the vinegar to the simmering water and stir with a wooden spoon handle to create a whirlpool. Crack one egg into a small bowl and tip it slowly into the whirlpool, egg yolk first. Cook for 2–4 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a piece of kitchen roll. Recreate the whirlpool using the same water, and repeat.
- Toast the muffin halves, and place on the serving plates. Add the cooked vegetables to the plate and place the poached eggs on top.
- Remove the thickened sauce from the heat. Stir through the mustard and tarragon or dill, and spoon over the poached eggs.
To make this a lunch, serve with grilled or poached salmon or chicken (240g) and steamed new potatoes