- 200g monkfish, cut into chunks
- 1 green or red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon tikka curry powder
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- Lime, cut into wedges
- 160g green salad leaves
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads
- 20 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat.
- Mix the tikka curry powder and natural yoghurt and coat each chunk of monkfish.
- After soaking your wooden skewers in cold water, start to thread the monkfish and peppers onto your sticks. Any extra marinade can be brushed over the fish and peppers.
- Cook under the grill for roughly 8–10 minutes, turning the skewers to make sure the fish is cooked through. Remove from the grill and squeeze the lime over the kebabs.
Serve with a green salad and wholemeal pitta bread for a healthy monkfish kebab.
This recipe has been supplied by Fishbox, a fish and seafood subscription service that delivers fresh, sustainable, Scottish seafood direct to your door. Read their story on our blog.
Monkfish is a meaty fish with a firm texture, perfect for dipping in marinade and popping on a stick. Mix it up with different vegetables or prawns for a super tasty and healthy summer dish