- 4 sheets of fresh or frozen filo pastry
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat spread, melted
- 50g raisins and sultanas
- 50g dried cranberries
- 100g cooking apple, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- A sprinkle of caster or icing sugar
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Less than 1
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160ºC/Fan 140ºC. Lightly grease the wells of a muffin tin with the reduced-fat spread.
- Mix the dried fruits and apple together in a bowl with the golden syrup and hot water. Leave to one side.
- Lightly dab some reduced-fat spread over a sheet of filo pastry. Fold the short ends into the middle to overlap one another, to form a rectangular shape three pastry layers thick. Cut into two roughly equal 10cm squares.
- Place each square into a well of the tin. Repeat with the remaining sheets, giving you 8 pastry shells.
- Divide the fruit mixture evenly between the pastry shells. Crinkle the edges of the pastry up a little to hold the mixture in place.
- Bake in the oven for 7–8 minutes, until the pastry has crisped. Sprinkle with caster or icing sugar and serve warm or cold as preferred.
These are great as a party snack or dessert, and are a lower fat alternative to regular mince pies.
Why not use Amazon Smile for your shopping this Christmas and raise cash to help prevent cancer?