For those who like something sweet, this one is for you! Containing one of your 5 A DAY, it looks great and tastes delightful.
This is from Ryan Riley’s booklet of recipes to help people living with cancer enjoy food again. See all our recipes for people living with cancer.
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced lengthways
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 15g currants
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 100g fat-free, no-added-sugar, coconut-flavoured yoghurt
- 40 minutes
- Less than 0.5g
- 5 A DAY:
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/Fan 160oC.
- Place the pears on a baking tray, brush with the maple syrup and bake for 20–25 minutes, until they are just browning at the edges. Set aside and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, pour the lemon juice into a small bowl and add the currants. Allow to soak to plump up and take on some acidity to cut through the sweetness of the pear and yoghurt.
- Divide the yoghurt equally between two bowls and top each with a whole pear. Sprinkle over the lemony currants and serve.
You can use a different flavoured yoghurt if desired – opt for a fat-free, no-added-sugar version.