- 360g rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 tablespoons clear honey, warmed
- 90g mixed dried fruit, chopped – try dried cranberries, mango and papaya or raisins, bananas and sultanas
- 4–6 hours
- 5 A DAY:
- Less than 1
- Preheat the oven to 100°C/Fan 80°C.
- Place all ingredients in a warm mixing bowl and stir with a metal spoon until all the oats are covered with the honey and oil.
- Turn out onto a thick-based, lightly oiled baking sheet, breaking up any larger lumps of mixture if necessary.
- Place in the bottom of the oven for about 4–6 hours, stirring from time to time to ensure an even heat and to prevent sticking or browning.
- Once crispy, remove and allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. The mixture will keep fresh for several weeks, if kept free of moisture.
Spoon the mixture over a small pot of low-fat bio yoghurt to create a delicious start to the day. This recipe is so versatile it would also make a wonderfully healthy dessert