- 200g couscous
- 300ml boiling water
- Large handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh mint, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, zest only, finely grated
- 25g pistachios, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 500g half leg of lamb, butterflied
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 onion, sliced into rounds
- 400g carrots, peeled and quartered lengthways
- 250g asparagus, woody ends removed
- 90 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC.
- Put the couscous in a large mixing bowl and cover with the boiling water. Cover with cling film and leave for 5 minutes, or until the couscous swells up.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork. Drain off any excess water. Stir in the parsley, mint, lemon zest, pistachios and garlic. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Lay the lamb open on the board, pack a quarter of the cous cous mixture into the middle and fold the meat over. Wrap the string around the lamb and tie together, tucking the rosemary under the string. Arrange the onion slices into the roasting tin and lay the lamb on top. Scatter the carrots around the edge.
- Roast for 50 minutes. Lift the lamb and onions onto a board, cover with foil and rest for 30 minutes. Add asparagus to the roasting tin and continue to cook with the carrots for 20 minutes.
- Serve the lamb in slices with the remaining couscous and roasted vegetables.
Raring to try one of our recipes? We’d love to see a photo of what you cook, or get your feedback! Email us on email@example.com.
Serve with mint sauce and redcurrant jelly – just be sure to choose lower sugar versions