- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 litre reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 sweet potato (approx 200g), peeled and cubed
- 30 minutes (plus time for cooling)
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Sauté the leeks until lightly brown.
- Sprinkle the cumin over the leeks, and then add the stock and sweet potato to the pan.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes until the vegetables are very soft.
- Allow to cool slightly before blending in a food processor (be careful as the soup stays hot for a long time). Then heat until piping hot and serve on its own or with wholemeal bread.
Leeks taste best when eaten during the winter months. They are a source of vitamin C, folate, iron and fibre