- 3 cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 15g caster sugar
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 100g strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 15g reduced-fat spread
- 20g plain flour
- 20g porridge oats
- 50 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C.
- Place the slices of apple in a bowl. Add the caster sugar, one pinch of cinnamon and the orange juice; and toss to mix thoroughly.
- Place about a third of the apple mixture in a saucepan; cover and cook gently on a medium heat for about 4 minutes, until soft. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Mix the cooked apple with the uncooked apple.
- If using fresh strawberries, hull them and cut in half. Add the strawberries to the apples. Then divide the fruit between two individual ovenproof dishes.
- To make the crumble, rub the reduced-fat spread into the flour, oats and remaining cinnamon until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the fruit. Place in the oven and bake for 25–30 minutes or until the fruit juices are bubbling and the crumble is golden. Serve on its own or with low-fat natural yoghurt or reduced-fat custard.
Try pears, blackberries or blueberries to mix up this dish