My ultimate comfort food! This healthier chicken kiev recipe uses light garlic and herb cream cheese to get a traditional oozy garlic centre, but with much fewer calories. This dish is a lot better for you than shop-bought versions that are usually high in fat, salt – and sugar!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 75g low-fat garlic and herb soft cheese
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 200g green salad, to serve
- 25 minutes
- 5 A DAY:
Nutrition information (per serving)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Fan 180ºC. Put a large baking tray in the oven to heat up.
- With a sharp knife, cut through the side of each chicken breast to make a pocket.
- Spoon a quarter of the soft cheese into each chicken breast and seal.
- Place the egg white in a plate with a lipped edge. Mix together the breadcrumbs and parsley on a separate lipped plate. Dip each chicken into the egg white on both sides, then into the breadcrumbs, until it’s completed coated.
- Place the chicken on the preheated baking tray and cook for 20–25 minutes or until cooked through and golden. Serve with the green salad.
To avoid the cheese filling spilling out, use wooden toothpicks to keep the chicken sealed – just don’t forget to remove them before serving